Why use a cocktail shaker?
Mixology is the science and art of making a good cocktail. Mixology as the blending of flavors to create great tasting, balanced drinks. When different spirits, juices, herbs, and other ingredients are mixing together, we get different elements into one flavorsome drink.
How to use a shaker?
Yes. A shaker can be used without looking ridiculous. Let’s see how to use shaker in practice.
- Place your serving glass in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Add ingredients first, then fill approximately 2/3 full with ice in the shaker cup.
- Put the cap on the cobbler shaker and to invert the other cup place it on top of the boston or french shaker and give it a whack to make an airtight seal.
- This may sound obvious. Hold on tight. Even if you need two hands, hold on your shaker tightly.
- Do not hesitate to use both hands. Shake it up. Shake for at least 15-20 seconds. This is an important step.
- If the cobbler shaker takes off the cap or gives it a whack at the boston shaker. Once it’s open, you can strain it into your glass.
You can also use two cocktail shakers at the same time.