Shaking is not only mixing a beverage, but it is also cooling, diluting and aerating. Along with shaking is the common technique used to mix cocktails. Shaking is very simple. Most of the cocktail recipes are shaken using a shaker. Shaking is one of the basic bartending techniques. This will make your cocktails emerge crisp, cool and the perfect combination of flavors.
You need four things:
Cocktail shakers come in 2 basic styles; a three-piece shaker and a two-piece shaker. The three-piece shaker has a built-in strainer. But the two-piece shaker requires separate strainer.
In order to shake a drink, you will need four basic things:
- Cocktail shaker
- Ice cubes
- Spirits, liqueurs, and mixers
How to shake
It is very easy to shake the mixed drink. From beginning to pour the ingredients, to the time you strain the drink should take a minute or two. These 6 steps are enough to shake a cocktail.
- Pour the ingredients into the cocktail shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice.
- Secure the lid or shaker tin.
- Hold the shaker with both hands and move it over your shoulder.
- Shaken until the outside of the shaker is frozen.
- Strain the cocktail into a chilled glass.